My Addiction

The door was open and I stepped through
Tripped so I held on to you
They warned me about you
Showed me your victims, your slaves
Told me not to give in
Told me I couldn't be saved


The door never closed
I could escape if I wanted to
I could be free if I needed to
All this time and I wasn't sure
How could you be so bad and yet so good?
Not stuck but I never moved


They looked on and realized
I was enchanted and immobilized
They reached in to help
I wanted it? I needed it?
'I couldn't be saved' they said
How then would they get me out?


You didn't stop them
You didn't stop me
The door was wide open
They were reaching in
But I tightened my arms around you
I held on to never let go


No chains, no binds
Somehow you trapped my mind
I was yours to claim
My choice, I fanned the flame
My pain, my pleasure, my satisfaction
My prison, my paradise, my addiction


Comments

Post a Comment