Bleeding Heart



They say, 'How can we love from afar?'
Life and death? That blurred line
Separated by the unseen distance
Yet connected, your heart and mine.


I loved you, you claimed you did too
If you did, you would've stayed
You didn't mean to, you had no control
I couldn't stop you, you couldn't stop you


Kissed me goodnight, held on to me
You slipped away, I wasn't strong enough
The sun came up, you never did
Forever wasn't long enough


I close my eyes to spend a moment with you
Into the dark, I always follow you
When I wake up, when I see the light
I hate it, it means you're not here with me.


You left a pain no one could heal.
Your love, a memory no one could steal.
Someday it would be different?
I would live without you?


But I can't send you away, I can't let you go
Everyday I find myself calling for you
You took my heart, you left me cold
Please look back, see me chasing you.







Comments