Broken Heart!!!

Wise men say only fools rush in
But I took your hands and I jumped right in
I loved you without hesitation
So easy for you to break my foolish heart
You're better off without me, I know
But I loved you, I still do
Do you still think of me?
In your eyes I know I'm a stranger
Losing you is what I was afraid of
I never thought I would love like that
I never thought I'd fall for you as hard as I did
You took me to places I never knew
Took me to places I wouldn't go
Our love traveled the distance
It scaled the heights
It survived the falls
Or I thought it did
I was scared to answer love's call
I'm not so sure it was worth it
But love is misery, I know it now
Losing myself to you, I almost regret it
Getting over you is hard
Letting go of the past is not so easy
You're moving on and I'm stuck
I thought you'd come back
Tell me that all you found was pain and heartbreak
I guess I thought wrong
You did find another lover
Someone different, someone better
Someone closer, someone else
I just don't want to lose you
You're the other half of me
The vacancy in my heart is a space you once held
I'm broken but I can't bring myself to accept it
To accept that I'd always be alone
With no one to love, no one to hold
No one to trust..... No one
All I have is me
I've come to realize that
New walls I build to hide my insecurities
To hide my vulnerability
Away from the stares
Away from the prying eyes
In my own world...
Just me and my broken heart...




Comments