Inner Reflections

As I stare at my ceiling, laying on my bed
I think to myself: “Is this where life has led?”
It is not too late now or is it?
Can I go back and make a fresh start?
My mind wanders aimlessly in my head
What could I have done instead?
Inner reflections, I try to find my way
I keep getting lost everyday
I don’t know if I’m right or I’m wrong
It’s almost as if the truth was running
Running away from me as I searched
As I chased after it with all my strength
Why?
I ask myself as I lay on my bed
Unanswered it goes
No voices heard
My heart is empty of every feeling
Do I feel love? Hate? Contempt? Peace?
None!
I tried to, but I gave up
Don’t ask why, because I never answered it
All I do is lay on my bed
Doing nothing but wandering in my head
Inner reflections
I’ve searched my mind
I’ve blocked my heart
Do I continue?
Or retrace my steps back to before here?
As I stare at my ceiling
 I’ve realized what I’ve come to be.













Comments