Our Becoming

First strangers, now lovers
Mere words now injected with passion
Friendship transformed into love
Unexpected changes, unexpected feelings
How many words did it take?

Or did we expect it?
Could we somehow feel it?
Did we receive nature's call to not be alone?
Was it fate? Kismet? Happenstance?
Does it matter what it was?
Does it matter how it came to be?

I see you and my heart stops
Like deer facing headlights
Your touch sends shivers down my spine
Your voice soothes my soul

Do I make you feel the same way?
Yes, you say
Does your heart beat louder when I'm near you?
"You could hear it from a million miles", you say

Take my hand, walk with me
Fight with me, stay with me
Smile with me, cry with me
Love me, one day at a time
Love me today;
We're not promised tomorrow
Forever yours if you'd be forever mine

Comments