Better

I've never felt so lonely, so lost
So invisible, hidden, unseen
No one notices, no one cares
All is well  but all isn't what it seems

Sunny days aren't so bright anymore
The darker times feel never ending
Some days I wish to end it all
Some days I am strengthened

It should've been better than this
I should've been better than this
Relationships? Love? Family?
No one; I have no one

How did this happen?
Who is to blame?
Society? Myself? My actions?
Where did it all go wrong?

Is this Karma? Is this payback?
I made so many mistakes
Actions beget consequences
I've run out of time

Can't unsay what's been said
Can't retake lost chances
Can't get back missed opportunities
But maybe I can make new ones

Can't change the past
Can't rewind the time
Can't undo my actions
But maybe I can atone
Maybe I can be better

Comments